Monitoring Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
Salt Lake City, UT
Monitoring Systems Administrator
Portland, OR, Seattle, WA or Salt Lake City, UT
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Are you an innovative and motivated Systems Administrator looking for an opportunity to be part of a forward thinking company working to change the health care system* If you can embrace being part of this change then we want you to take a look at Cambia.
We re looking for a Monitoring Systems Administrator who is able to work in a team environment for the development, maintenance and delivery of enterprise monitoring systems in the IT Infrastructure and across Business Functions. You ll have the opportunity to use your business, development, analytical and interpersonal skills in your daily work to develop solutions.
* Collaborate with vendors, infrastructure and application development teams to gather, translate and document business and systems requirements and support transforming requirements into effective monitoring solutions
* Effectively manage multiple projects concurrently for complete, high quality, and on-time go-live
* Quickly learn and adapt to new monitoring technologies using vendor provided documentation or through team cross-training
* Able to provide cross-training with team members for on-call back-up
* Install, configure, maintain and upgrade monitoring systems
* Proficient in multiple operating systems including Windows, Unix, Linux, and virtualization technologies
* Update and maintain worklogs, incidents, and technical documentation in a timely manner
* Takes initiative to step-up and help balance team workload when needed.
* Effectively balances customer requests with overall workload and department priorities/directives
* Is equally effective working on both team and individual efforts
* Participates in trouble-shooting meetings to deliver information on system performance from a monitoring perspective
* May be required to be on-call 7 days a week, 24 hours a day on a departmental rotational basis.
Your professional experience and education include:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
* At least one year of experience with implementation, operations, maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments.
* Proficient understanding of scripting, development, implementation and sustainment activities of web enabled systems. (PHP, MySQL, jQuery, HTML, Perl, etc.)
* Experience with any Information Technology monitoring systems or methodology a plus. Including but not limited to CA APM, HP BSM, HP VuGen, Solarwinds Orion, Zoho Applications Manager, Aternity, Splunk, HP Sitescope, New Relic, Site 24 x 7, Whats Up Gold, Microsoft MSFT SCOM, MSFT OMS, Amazon Web Services, etc.
* Understands MS and/or UNIX environment including common suites and core business applications.
* Must be able to develop relationships among clients, coworkers and management.
* Able to collaborate and work effectively with peers to provide results.
Position is available at level I-IV depending on experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.