Monitoring and Incident Response Specialist 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: MONITORING AND INCIDENT RESPONSE SPECIALIST
LOCATION: HERNDON VA 20171
We are looking for an individual contributor to expand our Security Operations and Incident Response team to do the following:
* Analyze network traffic and various log data to determine the threat/impact against the network, recommend appropriate countermeasures, and assess damage.
* Assist and participate in Medium- and High-severity incidents across multiple cross-functional teams leveraging multiple tools/applications.
* Efficiently facilitate and expedite the tracking, handling, and reporting of all securityevents and computer incidents.
* Evaluate and perform incident escalation in accordance with incident response procedures.
* Work with other team members to ensure an effective and efficient cyberincident management system.
* Ensure all pertinent information is obtained to allow the identification, categorization, incident handling and triage actions to occur in a time sensitive environment.
* Provide effective communications to team and department cyber-security personnel regarding cyber incidents and possible countermeasures.
* Assist with remediating and applying lessons learned to security incidents.
* Creating, updating, and finalizing workflows and internal documentation.
Previous CIRT/NOC/SOC incident managementexperiencedesired.
Solid understanding of industry standard policy, processes and procedures covering incident, problem and change management.
Previous CIRT/NOC/SOC experience implementing and managing trouble ticket assignments and escalation policies.
Must be able to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and participate in security incident remediation as needed.
Solid understanding of:
o Securitythreats and vulnerabilities
o Securitytechnologies and countermeasures
o Firewall technologies
o Web system applications and uses
o TCP/IPnetworking concepts
o Windows and UNIX/Linux operating environments
o Databases vulnerabilities and countermeasures
o Logging & SIEM solutions
Bachelor or associate degree in related technical field of study combined with sufficient relevant work experience
Desirable industry security certifications such as GCIH, Network+, Security+