Monterey (Marina) Paramedic PT and/or FT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Other duties as defined by the formal job description
No application will be considered complete without the following attachments:
* California Drivers License
* Ambulance Drivers License
* California State Paramedic License
* CPR Card
* AHA ACLS Card
* AHA PALS Card
* ITLS/PHTLS Card
* Medical Examiners Certification
* DMV print out (must be within 1 week of application date)
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Must be at least 18 years of age. Possess a valid California Driver's License, Ambulance Driver's License, and Medical Examiners Certificate. Current state of California Paramedic Certification. Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, BTLS OR PHTLS Provider Certification. Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. Some advanced education preferred. Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.
You will be required to successfully complete a Physical Agility and Drug Testing (external applicants).
AMR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.