Moorpark Fleet Lead Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Fleet Supervisor, the Lead Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all company vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Complete on time periodic maintenance service on all vehicles.
* Knowledge of all phases of brake and electrical diagnosis and repair.
* Provide accurate diagnosis of drive train & suspension
* Perform diagnosis and repair of power train, A/C (air-conditioning) and cooling system.
* Perform maintenance and repair of gurneys.
* Respond to road calls & accidents as needed.
* Collect weekly mileage & input into fleet software program
* Generate weekly fleet KPI.
* Schedule preventive maintenance and workload to mechanics & vendors
* Work with Operations for all unscheduled maintenance to reduce downtime
* Assist mechanics with troubleshooting and repairs.
* Track warranty, inventory & vendor expenses
* Encourage ASE, EVT & Vendor specific training for fleet staff
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to:
* Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures
* Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
* Report information systems security problems
High school diploma or GED. Minimum of 18 years of age. At least three years of Fleet Maintenance and repair experience. Strong electrical diagnosis and repair background. Basic knowledge of diagnosis and repair of diesel engines. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to provide good customer service. California Driver's License and driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) & EVT (Emergency Vehicle Technician, Ambulance) certification is preferred. Additional certifications may be required as AMR contracts are secured or regulations are modified.
AMR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.