Mortgage Banker - Inside Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 19585 Mortgage Banker - Inside Sales (Open)
Grade 08 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: 922 Walnut St, Kansas City, Missouri 64106 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a Super Community bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen and solve to meet our customers' needs!
Commerce Bank is seeking a motivated, detailed oriented and efficient individual for a Mortgage Banker - Inside Sales opportunity at our Kansas City location. This position services new customers to Commerce Bank and our existing client base with their home financing needs by providing the optimal customer experience and delivering personal service. This position will provide a great level of skill, knowledge and experience for your career and professional development.
As a Mortgage Banker - Inside Sales, you will:
- Analyze applicants' financial status, creditworthiness, and property evaluation to determine the eligibility and feasibility of granting home loans
- Provide financing options and customize solutions by conducting a deep dive analysis of the application, credit profile, financials, etc. and ensuring options offered fit within the guidelines of the lending/sellers guide(s) by product type (FHA/VA, Conv, HELOC)
- Pre-underwrite files to obtain and analyze documentation, in a timely fashion, regarding employment, credit, income, assets and collateral
- Verify documentation meets Commerce Bank Mortgage, Investor and Agency standards prior to submission
- Manage and deliver best in class client care to a large active loan pipeline in a pre-funded status
- Manage and deliver best in class client care to a large active lead pipeline of clients utilizing our lead management data base
- Maintain continual, consistent, and open communication with all appropriate parties to the transaction in accordance with current Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and industry regulations to ensure a timely closing that exceeds the client's expectations
- Consistently document the lead management system and loan origination system with: client communications/expectations, time lines, next steps, action items, owners of the actions, loan condition needs
- Provide customer/conversion feedback to leadership, marketing, secondary marketing and technology teams
*For this position, federal regulations require Commerce to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you'll be asked to authorize that report.
Work Schedule: M - F 8-5, Occasionally may work a 10-7 shift while testing the pilot and beyond.
* Minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent) is required (Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business is highly preferred)
Preferred applicants will have:
* 2+ years' experience in first and second mortgage loan originations - including Conv. FHA/VA, construction to permanent, and secondary financing
* Knowledge of mortgage industry guidelines
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Effective organizational skills with the ability to manage and meet multiple origination and processing deadlines
* Strong PC skills along with advanced skills with Microsoft Office products
* Experience with mortgage loan origination/processing and automated underwriting systems (preferably Encompass loan origination, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae's automated underwriting systems)
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Experience working in a call center team environment is preferred
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
* Ability to work overtime at peak volume times as determined by Commerce management