Mortgage Loan Office
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Open Systems technologies
* Perform business development activities to increase production, including: maintenance of a client database, and client and customer calling/monitoring efforts.
* Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers; analyze financial and credit data, to determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information.
* Receive customer applications, quote rates and points, and complete all follow-up activities and registration lock-in, from application to close.
* Perform loan analysis to insure loans conform to investor guidelines.
* Collect and analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk.
* Maintain thorough knowledge and clearly communicate all credit union services;
* Clearly articulate the mortgage loan timeline, underwriting processes and the credit union's credit culture.
* Maintain and complete sales pipeline and activity reporting.
* Maintain current knowledge of banking and lending rules and regulations and ensures compliance with all bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
* Stay current on new types of loans and mortgages.
* 5+ years recent retail mortgage lending sales and origination experience, application to close, utilizing self-sourced and generated leads, and proven track record closing loans in the current market, and ability to achieve the credit union's annual production standards.
* BA/BS preferred
* Knowledge of real estate and finance through appropriate experience and/or certified course work.
* Demonstrated ability to meet production expectations and manage a heavy production and referral pipeline.
* Strong working knowledge of laws, regulations and guidelines including fair lending, privacy, and RESPA.
* Expert knowledge of lending products/services and pricing alternatives and ability to analyze, understand and communicate complex loan products.
* Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
* Self-motivational skills and ability to work in a high pressure environment.
* Highly effective and professional interpersonal, communication, questioning strategies, influencing/presentation skills.
* Strong planning, organizational, time management.
* Proficient use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Mortgage Lending Software and websites.
* National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 required.