Mortgage Loan Officer - Telesales (Direct to Consumer) 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Education
* Mortgage sales experience highly desired
* Business acumen and judgment- bank mortgage products, policies, and procedures
* Needs analysis (analyzing information regarding customer income/debts, etc.)
* Computer proficiency - Mortgage software (P.O.S laptop origination, auto underwriting, etc.)
* Proven Sales and/or Customer Service Experience
* Interpersonal/Persuasive/Influencing and negotiation skills
* Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills
* Strong self Initiative and self motivated
* Ability to work flexible scheduling to mirror Call Center Hours with the hours of 8am-8pm, with future rotational weekend hours
* This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act
Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara\'s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements. The role requires compliance with all regulations including those specifically associated with the function/duties of a Loan Originator, in accordance with Dodd Frank, S.A.F.E. (and/or other) regulatory requirements.
Required Degrees, Licenses, RegIstrations, Certifications
NMLS registration pre hire/transfer
Candidates should have an understanding of the mortgage regulations and processes as well as other bank products and services in order to deepen relationships with customers. Candidates will complete the loan origination process via phone or Internet by taking the loan application information, inputting it into the system, and forwarding it on to underwriting for approval. Meet specific loan volume origination goals. Responsible for cross selling bank products through needs based selling at the time of origination and contact. This First Niagara Bank position will be in the Direct to Consumer (DTC) channel (formerly known as Alternative Delivery or Telesales) for the purposes of originating 1-4 unit residential mortgages.
Originate and manage a pipeline of loan applications and close an acceptable volume of quality loans. To accomplish these results you will engage in the following activities on a regular basis:
* Manage your application pipeline, which includes (in cooperation with our processing staff,) working with applicants from application through closing.
* Interface professionally with operations to generate loan fundings that are of marketable quality.
* Maintain knowledge of our processing, underwriting and closing policies and procedures.
* Execute consultative sales strategies to drive exceptional service and create trusted relationships
* Respond to customer's residential mortgage needs by analyzing their financial profile, identifying the appropriate mortgage program for them and ultimately originating their application for credit
* Identify opportunities to cross-sell other First Niagara Financial Group products and services
* Perform other assignments and projects as required
* Provide support to back office staff throughout the process as applicable
* Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara's Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
* Maintain current knowledge of products, guidelines and pertinent regulations.
* Inbound/Outbound calling and Internet Chat required
(less than 2 hours daily)
(2-6 hours daily)
Continuous (6-8 hours daily)
Lifting (specific max weight in pounds) ______
Computer/Phone and/or keyboard use
6950 S. Transit Road PO Box 514, Lockport, New York 14095
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled