- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Mortgage Loan Originator 1
From humble beginnings in its founding in 2001, Westfield Bank has become one of the leading financial institutions in Northeast Ohio. With a Five-Star Superior rating from BauerFinancial, the bank provides comprehensive personal, business, and agency banking products and services. Supported by Westfield Insurance, one of the nation s 50 largest property and casualty insurance groups, Westfield Bank has grown to manage more than $1 billion in assets. The group s motto is Sharing Knowledge. Building Trust. a message and commitment lived out each day by employees across the country. The center of the bank s business model revolves not around profits or numbers, but through personal relationships and close contact with its customers. All Westfield companies stress the importance of hiring quality employees, as well as developing them and empowering each employee to be the best they can be, both in their work and in their life. As an employee of Westfield Bank, you will have the opportunity to not only create peace of mind for our customers, but to grow your career in one of the best workplaces in Northeast Ohio.
MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR 1 JOB SUMMARY
Salary Range: $46,431.00-$53,395.00-$60,360.00
The Mortgage Loan Originator 1 provides developmental opportunities to an already experienced MLO while learning the Westfield Brand and building strong Westfield Banking relationships. Performs a wide range of duties related to the origination of residential first mortgage loans for outside referrals. Meets standards and objectives defined by management for mortgage loan sales. Assumes overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application to closing and maintains knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, and underwriting and general department guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND/OR REASONS THE JOB EXISTS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Utilizes developmental opportunities to become proficient in the Westfield Brand and Mortgage Processes.
* Generates sales of residential mortgage loans and pipeline by engaging in sales calls at realtor offices and other external locations and assumes overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application to closing.
* Builds and develops referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts).
* Maintains knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, and underwriting and general departmental guidelines.
* Follows defined protocol for escalation exceptions.
* Takes applicant applications by completing Fannie Mae form 1003.
* Reviews daily rates, applicant credit reports and automated underwriter.
* Collects appropriate documentation from each applicant and delivers loan package in the time frames set by management.
* Manages pipeline for all originated loans through closing and completes required management reports.
* Maintains high levels of customer service while managing each applicant s and support staff s expectations.
* Attends and participates in all lending meetings as required by management.
* Maintains awareness, understanding and compliance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures, laws and regulations appropriate for this position.
* Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests.
* Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Two or more years relevant loan experience.
* Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines.
* Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
* Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of employees within the organization.
* Strong teamwork and customer service skills.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word) or other transferable software packages.
* Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment.
* High school diploma, GED, or demonstrated commensurate experience.
* As defined by the S.A.F.E. Act, must register as a Mortgage Loan Originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and maintain the unique identifying registration number.
* Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Member companies of the Westfield Group are Equal Opportunity Employers (M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran).
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Bank.
To learn more about Westfield Bank and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfield-bank.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.