Mortgage Loan Originator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Synovus Financial Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOriginal Posting date:
Mortgage Loan Originator
Area of Interest:
Synovus Mortgage Corp.
Minimum Education: Associate's degree in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum Experience: 1+ years experience in a mortgage loan sales capacity
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret real estate laws, regulations, policies and compliance
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage products, services and guidelines necessary to generate real estate loans
- Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensed System (NMLS) or ability to be registered within 30 days of employment (pass nationwide fingerprint check)
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional image
- High level of customer service and attention to detail; excellent communication skills
- Works independently and must be a self-starter
- Ability to utilize good judgment and make sound decisions quickly
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel Applications
- Good computer skills
Additional Job information:
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Active Mortgage Originator with a pipeline
The job duties of this position will require that the job incumbent be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage License System (NMLS), which includes a nationwide fingerprint check, or be able to be registered within 30 days of employment.
This is a 100% commission job.
Provides lending services to the real estate community by serving and identifying financial needs. Promotes mortgage products to clients. Develops loan referrals and repeat loan business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Calls on current affiliates, realtors, and builders to solicit mortgage loans.
Networks with agents, attorneys, CPA's and appraisers to develop referral base.
Executes loan application process in full, and assists processor in gathering information needed to approve the loan.
Participates in community activities in order to keep contacts fresh and better understand the local real estate market.
Negotiates competitive fees and rates for the various loan programs.
Generates new ideas to facilitate productivity and enhance customer service.
Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V/AA
Synovus is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.