Mortgage Loan Originator II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Mortgage Loan Originator II
Community Banks of Colorado
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our customers, associates and/or shareholders.
1. Responsible for the generation of mortgage loan production from banking center provided leads, referral sources, realtors, builders, and consumer networking groups.
2. Utilize established personal network within the local mortgage and banking industry to increase market share.
3. Originate individual loan production and complete an initial loan application with all consumers, either face-to-face, via telephone, or by directing the consumer to our online application
4. Align mortgage priorities with the Client Experience , compliance, audit and operations.
5. Help the Sales Manager to monitor market place competition and trends in order to incorporate them as appropriate into the sales strategy.
6. Identify referral sources and collaborate with all internal stakeholders to increase the Bank s presence and competitive status by expanding existing business relationships and servicing clients (increase wallet share).
7. Develop a book of business through prospecting while also servicing assigned Banking Center s clientele.
8. Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
9. Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
* Associates degree in Business, Finance or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
* 5+ years of experience in mortgage banking.
* Advanced knowledge of RESPA/government regulations for residential mortgages.
* Knowledge and experience operating within Dodd-Frank regulations.
* Proven track record of success in the mortgage lending industry.
* Must be/become registered and licensed in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) as required by the S.A.F.E. Act.
* This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and NBH's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
* 6+ years of experience in mortgage banking.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
* Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Proficient in Sales Force.
* Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
* Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
* Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties; works cooperatively with others to accomplish company objectives.
* Apply and improve extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one's job effectively.
* Apply original thinking in approach to job responsibilities and to improve processes, methods, systems, or services.
* Demonstrate concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Show a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Makes decisions authoritatively and wisely, after adequately contemplating various available courses of action.
* Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside of the NBH Bank footprint.
* Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list. .
* Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
* Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
* Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
* Must be able to travel as necessary.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources. NBH Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Send This Position to a Friend