Mortgage Loan Originator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
West Hartford, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
* 3 years experience in real estate/mortgage sales required or 5 years proven product and relationship sales skills
* Strong entrepreneurial and business development/sales experience/skills
* Subject matter expert - mortgage compliance regulations
* Business acumen and judgment- bank mortgage products, policies, and procedures
* Needs analysis (analyzing information regarding customer income/debts, etc.)
* Computer proficiency - Mortgage software products (P.O.S laptop origination, auto underwriting, etc.)
* Proven Sales and Customer service skills
* Interpersonal/Persuasive/Influencing and negotiation skills
* Communication (both written and verbal skills must be strong)
* Strong self Initiative and self motivated
* Research and multi task skills
* Problem solving
* Must successfully register and maintain registration annually with The National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (S.A.F.E.) Act
Responsible for the sales and origination of 1-4 family residential mortgage applications and making appropriate product recommendations within pre-determined guidelines and rates set forth by the Bank and its investors in order to make the appropriate mortgage loan recommendation based on customer credit, financial and property LTV information.
* Responsible for the sales and origination of 1-4 family residential within predetermined guidelines and rates set forth by the Bank and its investors
* Advise customer on the advantages/disadvantages of the mortgage product.
* Promote the Bank's mortgage products.
* Develop and follow through with a business plan to market self to various business sources
* Identify opportunities to cross-sell other First Niagara Financial Group products and services
* Perform other assignments and projects as required
* Provide support at bank sponsored events i.e., Horizons Home Show and community events
* Provide support to back office staff throughout the process
* Respond to customer's residential mortgage needs by analyzing their financial profile, identifying the appropriate mortgage program for them and ultimately originating their application for credit
* Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara's Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements
55 South Main Street, West Hartford, Connecticut 06107
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled