Mortgage Loan Processor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
1st Alliance Lending, LLC
East Hartford, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
The Loan Processor is responsible for gathering the documentation necessary to process and obtain mortgage approval. The applicant must demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a positive attitude. In addition, the applicant should have strong organizational and accuracy skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and have the ability to work in a team environment. This position reports to the Loan Processing Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Process residential mortgages in any and all states for which the Company is licensed
Process mortgages under various programs in accordance to policies and procedures
Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures that include but are not limited to RESPA, TILA, REG Z, HMDA and state specific requirements.
Prepare and issue proper disclosures as required by federal regulatory compliance
Order proper documentation to verify accuracy of loan documents and submit loans for appropriate approval
Ensure that all loans are moved to a final decision (i.e. closed, turndown or withdrawn)
Perform multiple work related tasks efficiently in high volume and time sensitive periods; meet deadlines.
Respond appropriately to urgent situations; identify and independently or jointly resolve related issues effectively.
Organize workflow to meet daily/monthly goals.
Demonstrate team-oriented working skills.
Perform such other related tasks or duties as 1st Alliance may assign in its discretion.
* Must have current knowledge of TILA and RESPA regulations.
* Must have a minimum of three years processing experience in a high-volume environment including accurate disclosures for FHA loans.
* Relevant experience within the last twelve months.
* Knowledge of computer skills in order to work in a paperless environment.
* Calyx experience is a plus.
* Must be at least a high school graduate.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, and have the ability to speak, understand, and communicate well with customers and personnel.
* Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Must have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Must have the ability to exhibit sound judgment and make independent decisions.
* Must have the ability to observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly.
* Must have the ability to plan and organize work activities and use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
* Must have the ability to work independently and in a group environment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must be able to use current software package such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Must be to send and receive email using Microsoft Outlook.
* Must be able to use general office equipment such as copiers, scanners, and personal computers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit for long period at time, or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files and computer paper on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.