Mortgage Loan Trainee - Winter Class
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are beginning to gather qualified talent for a future opening. This position is not currently open, but we invite you to submit your resume as a way to show your interest. When the position is available, we will invite you to apply online to be considered for the opening. You may log in to your profile and withdraw yourself from consideration at any time.
The Mortgage Loan Trainee position is responsible for providing behind the scenes assistance to the sales, processing, and closing departments. The daily tasks will include loan coordination, customer service, and follow through with all facets of the loan process. Collecting loan documentation, verifying loan documentation, maintaining customer relationships, and preparing a loan closing package in a timely manner are all responsibilities for this job function. The goal for this position is to move into a sales/operations role within three to four months to one year.
* Assist the sales team with all tasks related to loan production, to include loan application and origination, pricing, coordination with operations teams and follow up with customers.
* Review and process incoming loan applications, provide loan officer with feedback on loan application
* Handle correspondence for loan officers and provide backup service to customers in their absence.
* Assist sales team with reports and statistics to help maximize selling opportunities and closed loans.
* Learn various borrowing programs and processes and stay current with changes and new products.
* Learn and utilize various in-house technical systems and programs to provide optimal support to sales team.
* Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position.
* Review information obtained from loan officers for accuracy and completeness.
* Obtain additional credit documentation needed from all sources.
* Obtain approval and closing conditions.
* Verify appraisal, credit and title have been ordered for all files within pipeline.
* Follow up with all third party vendors (appraisals, credit and title) to ensure delivery of required reports.
* Assist in collecting the documentation required for submitting files to Underwriting.
* Responsible for communicating underwriting conditions to both the borrowers as well as the loan officer.
* Assure that all underwriting conditions are met prior to sending out closing packages
* Prepare and review closing packages and funding checks with accuracy
* Be a liaison between settlement agent and the loan officer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Must be eager to learn and develop mortgage knowledge in every area of the business
* Must be a self-starter and self-motivated to meet job expectations and goals
* Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
* Ability to manage multiple deadlines
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to use MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Windows, MS-Outlook, and the internet effectively
* Good communication and customer service skills
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
* 1-2 years of sales and/or Mortgage industry experience preferred
* Must become Safe Act Registered through NMLS
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.