This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPrimarily responsible for the gathering and review of loan documentation that meets Federal, State, and Investor requirements to prepare for underwriting review and loan closure.
- Manage a pipeline or mortgage loans. Reviews file submissions for accuracy and completeness. Verifies that all required documents are properly located in the loan files. Performs initial review of income, credit report, and assets to ensure lender guidelines are met. Requests and follows up on all outstanding items with borrowers.
- Maintains high level of customer service by being proactive in communicating with borrowers and team members.
- Provides clear, effective communication with borrowers and team members when completing file-related activities.
- Understands and ensures all compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to according to federal and state laws and regulations as well as company guidelines.
- Submits completed loan package to Underwriter for review and approval.
- Submits completed loan package to Closing upon final review.
- Ensure the loan origination system is kept up to date with current and accurate information.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two to four years of mortgage processing experience with a variety of investors (FNMA, FHLMAC, FHA, VA, USDA)
- Working knowledge of mortgage loan documents, loan origination program and underwriting guidelines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organized with the ability to meet deadlines
- Works well with others
- Proficient in all compliance- related regulations including RESPA
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong PC skills (MS Office products) and experience with mortgage origination systems