Mortgage Regional Manager - Phoenix
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
BOK Financial Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 17883
Areas of Interest: Mortgage; Mortgage, Loan Origination; Sales
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
The Regional Manager - BOK Mortgage is primarily responsible for an assigned region engaged in originating, processing, and closing residential mortgage loans; oversees the production/origination of branch offices within region, including but not limited to, new market research, office locations, hiring, and management issues; also responsible for public relations, program development, market conditions and trends; representing a full range of mortgage financing; generates mortgage and development loans through solicitation of real estate brokers and builders/developers; Maintains an active call schedule for purposes of educating regional realtors/builders regarding the features and benefits of BOK Mortgage financing. This position also attracts, recruits, and retains top talent. Leads and manages group to and from production, meet goals, increase productivity and proficiency. Identifies product gaps and opportunities, and presents business case to support implementation. Works closely with other divisions to foster and grow relationships.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and supervises work of regional personnel; determines work priorities and schedules work assignments, interviews and recommends candidates; evaluates, orients, counsels and trains subordinate personnel and recommends associated personnel actions.
- Defines annual regional objectives; develops operating plan, including budgets and manpower requirements, in compliance with senior management decisions. Prepares numerous reports concerning loan production activities, expense accounting and ratios, fees, and contracts.; may also prepares monthly management reports such as account analysis statistics, progress reports, incentive program reports, operating statistics and budget variance explanations.
- Identifies, develops, and recommends revisions of internal standards, policies, operating procedures, and new programs to improve efficiency; provides staff with clear and concise written guidelines; ensures loan processing is efficient and accurate and that loan closing is supported by adequate documentation; works with underwriting and shipping department to ensure loan offerings comply with company, investor, and legal requirements. Keeps informed of any changes in government regulations concerning residential mortgage lending.
- Ensures the proper mix of loan types to maximize yield, maintains quality control and minimizes losses; controls and monitors financial performance through review of management reports and supervisor/subordinate interaction. Makes recommendations to senior management for loan origination rates, portfolio mix, loan policies and quality.
- Establishes and maintains client referral relationships with Realtors, builders/developers; makes sales calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Ensures participation of CRA activities within region to include low-to-moderate and minority lending outreach efforts through meetings, program development and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of mortgage lending guidelines and regulations (FHA, VA Conventional, FHLMC, FNMA and private investor)
- Advanced knowledge of correspondent lending, shipping, and underwriting
- Advanced knowledge of secondary marketing, insuring, and post closing
- Advanced knowledge of various state lending laws
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communication skill, sales and customer relations skills
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree with 5-7 years of management experience in mortgage banking or equivalent work experience of (11-13 years).
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.