This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
* High School diploma or equivalent required, BA preferred
* Minimum of 1 year experience in a credit review capacity, mortgage underwriting preferred
* Ability to analyze complex financial documentation to include individual and business tax returns
* Comprehensive knowledge of all product offerings, associated eligibility guidelines and regulatory requirements
* Skilled at determining potential for counter offers, where applicable
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational and analytical skills, with an ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities within the workday
* Ability to work independently and in a team setting effectively
* Forward thinking relative to business objectives
* Flexibility in the work place in order to support evolving business needs
This individual reviews and decisions assigned loans to ensure borrower eligibility relative to First Niagara and Investor guidelines, as well as achieve regulatory compliance.
A Mortgage Underwriter must have the ability to analyze all applicable documentation and determine borrower's ability to repay and credit worthiness.
* Complete comprehensive analysis of all loan application related documentation to include credit, income and asset profile to determine acceptability to First Niagara and Investor product guidelines
* Adherence to First Niagara escalation process relative to loans beyond approved lending authority or declinations
* Review of all documentation required as part of the loan commitment and determine acceptability relative to First Niagara and Investor guidelines
* Interact with internal sales partners (where applicable) to obtain required documentation necessary to render a sound loan decision
* Ensure customer satisfaction, quality and productivity at or above minimum business standards
* Maintain compliance with all relevant and applicable internal and external rules, regulations, and polices in order to limit financial exposure to the business
* Operate in a manner that is in strict alignment to FNFG's Code of Ethics policy.
4224 Ridge Lea Rd., Amherst, New York 14226
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled