Mortgage Underwriter III (Remote Potential)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Underwriter III position is responsible for reviewing standard and more complex conventional/conforming standard and JUMBO loan submissions ensuring they meet company and investor guidelines and evaluating loans in such a way as to maximize company profit and minimize company risk exposure. This position will weigh credit risk to ensure liability taken on the by company results in saleable loans. The successful candidate should have experience providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers and demonstrated ability working effectively with processing and sales teams in an action oriented environment. Must have experience meeting daily volume requirements maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
* Reviews all loan submissions and follow-up conditions provided by borrower/broker.
* Ensures that corporate operating standards are met for underwriting and compliance.
* Ensures that customer service commitments are met.
* Reviews all items and conditions provided by borrowers and ensure they meet the required guidelines.
* Reviews items that are a variation of the actual condition required to determine if the acceptance of this condition will be acceptable to the investor.
* Ensures quality control standards are met so company is able to sell loan.
* Ensures all credit decisions meet compliance standards. Monitors property appraisal process to ensure value of property is accurately presented.
* Underwrites loans using automated processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Must have experience and full working knowledge of agency underwriting and selling guidelines.
* Must have experience and skill reviewing documents within corporate time-frames and maintaining low error rates.
* Must be well organized and high-functioning in an action oriented environment.
* Must have experience and skill accurately assessing risk.
* Must be proficient in determining if submitted conditions are acceptable, offering alternative suggestions as needed.
* Ability to learn and become proficient reviewing JUMBO loan submissions. Must be proficient reviewing more complex loans including but not limited to self-employed borrowers.
* Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with peers and customers gaining their trust and respect.
* Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to effectively mentor those with less underwriting experience.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers gaining their trust and respect.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must be extremely organized.
* Potential to work remotely up to 3 days per week based on performance.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* At least 5 years work history in the mortgage banking industry to include a minimum of 4 years in an Underwriting capacity.
* Proficient in both AUS and traditional underwriting systems with a demonstrated ability to analyze more complex transactions.
* May be granted conforming authority, but this role requires at least one of the following:, government (FHA, VA), jumbo or USDA.
* May also be granted, portfolio and/or exception authority to include credit, income, asset and appraisal review.
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.