Mortgage Underwriter IV (Remote Potential)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Underwriter IV is responsible for reviewing the most complex conventional/conforming standard and JUMBO loan submissions ensuring they meet company and investor guidelines and evaluating loans in such a way as to maximize company profit and minimize company risk exposure. This position will weigh credit risk to ensure that the liability taken on by the company results in saleable loans. The successful candidate should demonstrate excellent customer service skills partnering with internal and external customers and demonstrated ability to work effectively with processing and sales teams in an action oriented environment. Must be highly proficient meeting daily volume requirements with a high degree of accuracy. This position will also serve as a subject matter expert and mentor to underwriters with less experience and knowledge.
* Reviews all loan submissions and follow-up conditions provided by borrower/broker.
* Ensures that corporate operating standards are met for underwriting and compliance.
* Ensures that customer service commitments are met.
* Mentors less experienced underwriters.
* Reviews all items and conditions provided by borrowers and ensure they meet the required guidelines.
* Reviews items that are a variation of the actual condition required to determine if the acceptance of this condition will be acceptable to the investor.
* Ensures quality control standards are met so company is able to sell loan.
* Ensures all credit decisions meet compliance standards. Monitors property appraisal process to ensure value of property is accurately presented.
* Underwrites loans through use of automated processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Must have experience and expertise in agency underwriting and selling guidelines.
* Must have high degree of expertise reviewing documents within corporate time-frames and maintaining low error rates.
* Must be well organized and have the ability to multi-task.
* Experience and demonstrated expertise accurately assessing risk.
* Experience determining if submitted conditions are acceptable, and offering accurate alternative suggestions as needed.
* Must have expert level skill analyzing complex business structures, corporate or partnership returns, and financial statements for multiple businesses, as well as the ability to document the analysis with a Fannie Mae 1084 worksheet or similar document.
* Must have a high level of expertise evaluating more complex loans. (JUMBO's, self-employed borrowers)
* Must have in-depth experience with high-end properties and able to assess collateral risk.
* Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with peers and customers gaining their trust and respect.
* Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must skillfully and effectively mentor those less underwriting experience.
* This position has the potential to work remotely up to 3 days per week based on performance.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* At least 7 years work history in the mortgage banking industry to include a minimum of 6 years in an Underwriting capacity.
* Proficient in both AUS and traditional underwriting systems with a demonstrated ability to analyze highest complexity transactions
* May be granted conforming, government, jumbo, portfolio and/or exception authority to include credit, income, asset and appraisal review.
* Subject Matter Expert in at least one type of underwriting (Jumbo, FHA/VA, USDA)
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.