Mortgage Underwriting Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Los Alamitos, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for directing the day-to-day activities of a designated Mortgage Underwriting Team. Analyzes and evaluates residential loan applications originated by U.S. Bank branch offices in accordance with industry and business unit standards. Gathers, analyzes and interprets all types of credit information for existing and prospective retail banking customers in order to maximize credit and minimize risk and potential loss. Develops and maintains a loan underwriting portfolio consistent with the Bank's guidelines for credit quality and Investor or Insurer standards. Approves and/or denies loans within certain limits and makes credit structure and loan eligibility decisions.
If you have the applicable mortgage underwriting and leadership experience, feel free to apply to this role. If hired, the benefits of working with U.S. Bank are outstanding...
-Benefits package: medical/dental/401K/PTO/cash based pension plan/etc.!
-Stability and upward mobility!
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of mortgage underwriting operations experience
- One to three years of experience in a leadership role
- FHA Direct Endorsement underwriting designation
- Advanced understanding of factors affecting real estate values and credit analysis
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- VA Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) designation preferred