Motion Control Software Systems Engineer / Group Leader 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This Motion Control SoftwareSystems Engineer/Group Leader is a hands on position that will define system and softwarerequirements to control wafer handling functions for ion implanter systems. Ion implanter systems are large complex capital equipment systems used by semiconductor manufacturers. These fully automated systems run 24/7 and are used in the manufacture of semiconductor integrated circuits. These systems implant ions into silicon wafers by directing an ion beam onto the wafers. Wafer processing rates exceed 500 wafers per hour and must be exceedingly reliable with maximum uptime and an absolute minimum of failures.
All wafer handling and processing is done in the end station portion of the system. The end station consists of multiple cassettes for bringing wafers to and from the system, a process chamber in a high vacuum environment, multiple robots in the atmosphere environment, multiple robots in the vacuum environment, vacuum load locks, aligners, and multiple additional mechanisms, sensors and actuators. Some robots are purchased commercial robots and others are completely custom. Wafer handling control is done using Delta Tau PMAC controllers and commercial servo amplifiers.
Learn and fully understand present wafer handling hardware and robot operations.
* Learn and fully understand new wafer handling hardware in order to write software to control the hardware.
* Defines requirements and implementation strategies for machine control software to control new wafer handling features and to make changes to existing wafer handling control methods.
* Writes automated robot setup routines
* Writes automated subsystem verification and test routines
* Write software for field analysis and diagnosis of wafer handling failures.
* Writes and tests software to sequence wafers through the end station optimizing wafer throughput
* Modifies program/system logic involving multiple systems.
* Suggest, develop, evaluate, and implement improvements to wafer handling reliability, throughput, manufacturability, functionality, testability, and system diagnostics.
* Provides application/control systems design and development for systems of varied complexity.
* Develops and evaluates alternative system solutions that meet stated requirements.
* Integrates new handling functionality and hardware
* Contributes toward the creation of modular Systems, Software and Hardware architectures at all levels of real-time control systems
* Provides technical customer support, troubleshooting and field support as required
* Leads a group of approximately 3 motion control softwareengineers
* Works closely with mechanical, hardware, validation/reliability and manufacturing engineering disciplines
* Will coordinate resources, timing and priority of software releases to support all Purion products
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* An MS in Electrical Engineering or Physics or Computer Science from an accredited college/university.
* 10 years work experience in industrial controls or machine automation or motion controls.
* Semiconductor or Photovoltaic Industry experience is desired.
* Experience with Delta Tau PMAC controllers and C programming language is a plus
* Knowledge/experience with real time control is desirable.
* Will have written software to control electrical/mechanical systems & have excellent software skills
* Experience with robots, motors, actuators and servo systems.
* Experience with system integration is desirable.
* Embedded Hardware/Software Design and Debugging Experience
* Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies and hardware and communication protocols such as TCP/IP, RS232, RS485, & USB.
* Controls Systems/Algorithm Design Experience
* Multi axis servo experience including coordinated axis applications is desirable
* Good verbal and written communications skills.
* Demonstrated leadership and project management skill
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize his/her own work as well as that of the team members
* Must have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
* Have the ability to work effectively in a team environment with other softwareengineers as well as other disciplines
* Have a good understanding of electrical/mechanical systems and the ability to understand how things work and be a hands-on person comfortable working in the lab on equipment.
* Must be willing to travel to customer sites to help troubleshoot and diagnose field issues (