Moulder Setup / Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Universal Forest Products
* Minimum high school education
* Minimum of 1 year of experience working with heavy manufacturing and/or assembly equipment
* Working knowledge of mathematical functions.
* Basic understanding on computer equipment. . Previous Universal Forest Products experience preferred. Skills and abilities
* Ability to work in a safe manner
* Ability to recognize quality of material
* Demonstrates ability to perform LOTO
* Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
* Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools
* Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
* Ability to pay attention to surroundings
* Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
* Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
* Ability to read a tape measure and read blue prints or plans
* Ability to troubleshoot the machine or equipment in use.
* Ability to understand efficiencies and productivity measures
* Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
* Ability to work under immediate supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management Conduct
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Open to change and positive attitude
* Committed to plant and company goals
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Punctual and reliable
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
* Secures and maintains material and supplies required on the operation according to production sheets.
* Completes work area set up.
* Operates and feeds the machine in a safe and efficient manner, and according to established procedures.
* Continually watches the machine to ensure quality.
* If required, stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, label and band components/finish product.
* May operate hand tools to complete the production process.
* Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
* Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
* Maintains production records as required.
* Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
* Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
* May perform preventive maintenance as specified.
* Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled