Multi Media Sales Manager 9/18/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
West Palm Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description SUMMARY:
The Multi-Media Sales Manager is responsible for increasing revenue by leading business-to-business sales teams (outside) in local territories to sell all online and print advertising products in designated geographical areas. The Local Sales Manager is also tasked with making sure all Account Executives reporting to him/her sell integrated advertising and marketing plans that return the best ROI to the client. Maintain and enhance existing accounts and seek new ones by bringing to the local market creative business-development advertising solutions across all channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned):
* Lead a team of outside sales reps and media coordinators in local territories for display, pre-print and digital services advertising in designated geographical areas.
* Develop and implement sales strategies and campaigns across all platforms that meet revenue goals and maximize return-on-investment for the advertiser. Help clients build their businesses by offering advertising solutions that lead people to purchase their products and/or services.
* Develop new digital and print revenue initiatives for the RetailLocal sales team.
* Provide product leadership for all Palm Beach Post web sites, championing products with staff and training them to effectively communicate company digital product information/opportunities.
* Monitor compliance to rate structure and ensure that it is understood by clients. Recommend and negotiate contract agreements, pricing strategies and policies.
* Develop revenue forecasts and budgets.
* Develop department metrics.
* Accompany reps in the field to model techniques, evaluate and communicate rep s performance through regularly scheduled reviews and troubleshoot challenging accounts.
* Responsible for the hiring/firing, training, development and performance management of sales staff, setting goals (digital & print) and expectations, evaluating performance and working to keep them motivated and engaged.
* Collaborate in the development of compensation programs that are fair and competitive in the market, while at the same time rewarding cooperation among team members. Ensure that compensation/commission structure is simple and understood by sales staff.
* Analyze weekly and monthly reports to show sales statistics and sales potential.
* Responsible for growing and monitoring account retention and market penetration.
* Build and maintain strong, long-term relationships with our advertisers; meet face-to-face on a regular basis.
* Collaborate with Ideabar managers to identify prospects for new business and create a business relationship network that penetrates the market. Attend chamber events and meetings and other important events in the business community.
* Continuously research and analyze best practices in sales techniques, overcoming obstacles and prospect rejection, and incorporate those measures that would provide the company with a competitive advantage.
* Responsible for competitive tracking and monitoring rates and rate yield trends, and formulating strategies for improvement.
* Oversee category intelligence
* In collaboration with the Talent & Performance Manager, train staff to effectively communicate company product information/opportunities in print and digital, and to learn and master preferred communication, presentation, and sales techniques. Champion products with staff, encouraging selling against competitive media through sales lead development and market knowledge.
* Actively and continuously solicit feedback from reps in the field to ensure that they are empowered with the tools they need to sell and to offer clients creative solutions to help build their businesses.
* Manage department budget, exercising cost-consciousness with client-relation- and other business expenses.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly manage Local Retail Account Executives and Media Coordinators
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
* Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university and five (5) years experience in media advertising sales management; or high school diploma and 10 years experience in media sales management.
* Proven sales success.
OTHER TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
* Advanced knowledge of Digital Sales and Internet processes a must
* Experienced with a PC or Mac with well-developed word processing, PowerPoint, Excel and spreadsheet skills.
* Well-developed oral and written communication skills; bi-lingual English-Spanish a plus.
* Knowledge of basic principles of entrepreneurship, economics and current market trends.
* Skilled in negotiation.
* Must have valid Florida driver license and automobile insurance.
* CUSTOMER FOCUS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL): Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
* ADAPTABILITY: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures..
* COLLABORATION: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
* CONTRIBUTING TO TEAM SUCCESS: Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
* FOLLOW-UP: Monitoring the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
* INITIATING ACTION: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
* INNOVATION: Generating innovative solutions in work situations, trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
* POSITIVE OUTLOOK: Approaching work and work challenges with visible assuredness of success; remaining realistically positioned in the face of adversity.
* SALES ABILITY/PERSUASIVENESS: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-FL-West Palm Beach-2751 S Dixie Hwy
Job Level:Team Leader
Travel:Yes, 25 % of the Time