Multi-Media Sports Reporter II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description POSITION SUMMARY:
Cox Media Group is seeking multi-media sports reporter to cover college football and recruiting, as well as being responsible for related content that drives audience growth on social media.
Job duties include serving as a sports reporter, covering football and basketball of colleges in the assigned area, as well as report on recruiting, and serving as an associate content editor, curating published material and managing all social distribution channels serving fans for those teams.
* Writer/blogger should be able to recognize breaking news and trends related to college beat and originate ideas for content
* Report and write with a strong sense of urgency, energy and tenacity
* Engages and embraces the community through frequent posts online, pieces in print and appearances in other media
* Write clearly and authoritatively, with sophistication, absolute accuracy and balance, all while doing it on deadline and in a variety of technology tools and social media platforms.
* As an editor, must understand what the fan audience needs and wants each day of the week and have the ability to see and produce socially sharable content consistently throughout the day.
* Creates photo galleries, quizzes, memes, GIFs from photographs and videos
* Manages, approves and edits/rewrites content from outside sources
* Measures and is accountable for page views and visit targets for content he or she has created
* Produce smartphone photos and videos and collect data and other information for maps, charts and other supplemental content.
* Manage time effectively, juggling long-term and short-term work. Consistently meets deadlines set for print and digital needs, including advance deadlines.
* Collaborates effectively with others, along with communicate and work effectively with a team of sports journalists to give a complete picture of sports coverage
* Must have reliable transportation, or access to it, and be able to travel within the assigned area when needed.
* Looking to fill positions across the southeast.
Bachelor s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, social media or related field.
1-3 years of experience creating content for a business-to-consumer website preferred.
Demonstrated strong news judgment.
Established social media presence on various platforms. Interest particularly in Twitter, Facebook, lnstagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Vine, Google+. (Candidates should supply handles for verification.)
Flexibility in shift starting times and in work location.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com/
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time