Multi Service Banker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Serves as the "face of the bank" building relationships with customers while performing financial transactions including paying, receiving, and cash control duties, seeking to uncover financial needs, minimize loss, reduce risk, and deliver accurate and superior customer service while performing the following duties. Associate will spend 70% of their time working in the teller work area and 30% of their time working on the platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists with Branch morning and evening duties to include opening & closing the vault, working and locking the Night Depository, setting up Teller station with supplies and cash, and balancing the Teller window &/or Branch, and setting alarms.
* Demonstrates quality customer service, greets customer, uses customer name, makes eye contact, smiles and thanks the customer for their business.
* Explains, promotes, processes, or sells the following: deposits, withdrawals, check-cashing, savings bond redemption, 1099's (interest earned series E), credit card advances, commercial deposits, money orders, travelers cheques, official checks, and IRA deposits.
* Able to process transactions accurately and efficiently and in acccordance with established policy, procedure, security guidelines, and federal regulations. Understands and follows policies and procedures in completing transactions, minimizing operational errors, and maintaining a proper work flow.
* Adheres to professionalism standards to include demeanor, dress, and station orderliness.
* Monitors and maintains control of cash.
* Accurately balances transactions daily.
* Reviews transactions and alerts management of suspected fraud, kiting, theft, or other illegal activity.
* Supports procedures for custody and control of assets and records to ensure safekeeping.
* Possesses intermediate knowledge of Hancock's products and services in order to meet customer's needs and assigned quarterly referral goals. Good understanding of both features and benefits with regards to Hancock's products.
* Assists in balancing and loading the ATM, in instances where third parties are not involved.
* Assists in counting and balancing the Cash Dispense Machine, in instances where one exists.
* Handles customer requests for rates, service charges, and account maintenance, including debit card inquiries.
* Performs account maintenance, such as change of address, title change, and account type transfers.
* Complies with all appicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for organizational integrity and business ethics as it relates to this position, and communicating this commitment to any other applicable associates.
* Active participant in weekly Branch Sales Meetings.
* May function in a mentor capacity offering guidance, leadership, and coaching to fellow associates while reinforcing policy and procedure.
* Attends weekly operational meetings conducted by the Branch Operations Manager.
* Compiles sales referral tracking daily forwarding to Branch Operations Manager weekly.
* Assists in handling in-branch operational customer complaints from inception to resolution.
* Performs research work for customers regarding deposit posting issues
* Performs other related job duties and special projects as assigned.
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE:
* High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in retail/branch banking required
* Sales and/or business development experience preferred
* Successful completion of pre-employment on line Teller Assessment
* Upon hire, successful completion of Teller training including an exam is required for continued employment in this position.
* Registration with NMLS o This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment you will be required to either register on NMLS or re-register and move your previous registration. Your continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful registration immediately after your start date and annual renewal of your registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 30 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Branch Banking
Organization: Whitney Bank - Retail - North Shore Div
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.