Multi Service Banker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Serves as the "face of the bank" building relationships with customers while performing financial transactions including paying, receiving, and cash control duties, seeking to uncover financial needs, minimize loss, reduce risk, and deliver accurate and superior customer service while performing the following duties. Associate will spend 70% of their time working on the platform and 30% of their time in the teller work area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participates in weekly sales meetings and in-branch promotions to ensure support of current campaigns & alignment to corporate strategy
* Maintains a customer service focused culture by determining customer needs through more complex customer profiling.
* Opens new accounts including checking, savings, IRA's, CD's, & Safe Deposit Boxes
* Engages business partners to assist customers with specialized products and service needs
* Handles customer requests for rates, service charges, and account maintenance including debit card inquiries
* Performs account maintenance such as change of address, title changes, and account type transfers
* Originates loans, consumer loans/Home Equity Lines of Credit
* Calls customers to inform them of maturing CD's and other promotions
* Interviews applicant including profiling customer to determine financial needs
* Ensure loan agreements and supporting documentation are complete and accurate according to policy
* Compiles required and special branch reporting as requested
* Supports procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities to ensure safekeeping
* May operate a Teller window during peak customer volume periods
* May service the ATM and/or Cash Dispense Machine as needed
* Possesses advanced knowledge of Hancock's products and services in order to meet customer's needs and meet assigned quarterly sales goals. Excellent understanding of both features and benefits with regards to Hancock's products
* Participate in pro-active business development
* Adheres to professionalism standards to include demeanor, dress, and station orderliness
* Adheres to Branch Opening and Closing procedures to include balancing the branch, locking the vault, and setting the alarms
* Answers telephone practicing phone etiquette
* SECONDARY DUTIES
* Complies with all appicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act
* Responsible for organizational integrity and business ethics as it relates to this position, and communicating this commitment to any other applicable associates
* Participation and/or attendance in meetings conducted by the Branch Manager, Area Manager, Division Manager, or Regional Manager to stay informed
* May function in a mentor capacity offering guidance, leadership, and coaching to fellow associates while reinforcing policy and procedure
* Will have access to cash, customer accounts, and/or sensitive and confidential information and is expected to safeguard these according to established guidelines
* Assists in handling in-branch customer complaints from inception to resolution
* Participates in Branch Disaster Recovery Planning including all facets of pre and post-disaster events
* Completes branch regulatory compliance through computer-based training modules and other Hancock University efforts/classes
* Attends or provides associate training to improve efficiency and ensure conformance to standard procedures and practices
* Establishes and maintains contact with banking-related industries such as insurance, real estate, and securities
* Serves as an authorized signer on official checks
* Other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Management
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE:
* High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in retail/branch banking required
* Minimum of 1 year of sales and/or business development experience preferred
* Successful completion of pre-employment on line Teller Assessment
* Upon hire, successful completion of Teller training including an exam is required for continued employment in this position.
* Registration with NMLS: This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment you will be required to either register on NMLS or re-register and move your previous registration. Your continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful registration immediately after your start date and annual renewal of your registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 30 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Branch Banking
Organization: Whitney Bank - Retail - CBD
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.