Multi-Skilled Mechanic 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
Specialties: HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
* Must have demonstrated work experience in electrical troubleshooting
* Must have strong background in industrial electricity
* Must have strong background in industrial maintenance
* Completion of electrical journeyman program and/or A.A.S. Degree in Applied Technology
* Master Electrician Certification preferred
* 7 years experience with at least 2 in high voltage
* Experience on CNC/DNC equipment and competent in the ability to troubleshoot electronic control systems
* Proficient in High Voltage (from 460 volt and up to 13,200 volt)
Working from CMM Work Requests, self direction, work procedures or other written, verbal or electronic instruction, perform a wide variety of mechanical and electrical duties to maintain production equipment and facilities in a safe, clean and efficiently operational manner. Adhere to procedures and prepare and maintain records, in either written or electronic form, regarding safety, quality, productivity, preventive maintenance and housekeeping. Assist other personnel as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
In maintaining equipment and facilities for the Chiller Products Business Unit, a Multi-skilled Maintenance Mechanic is required to perform and obtain knowledge and working experience, but is not limited to, the following duties:
* Read, interpret, understand and work from drawings, sketches, schematics, CMM work requests and other written, electronic or verbal instruction.
* Ability to read and interpret drawings and develop control circuit drawings
* Welding with stick or wire feed
* Maintain required records.
* Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components
* Experience in industrial electricity is essential, high voltage preferred.
Direction of Others:
Direct, guide, assist, and/or train others to promote manufacturing flexibility.
This position offers the following compensation features:
* Base Rate of pay $23.47/hr
* After 90 days $24.27/hr
* After 120 days $24.87/hr
This position also offers a guaranteed $0.50/hr increase every 6 months until equal to contract rate of pay. This position is also receives defined contractual increases of $0.50/hr every year through 2020.
This position offers:
* Medical Benefits
* Dental Benefits
* Vision Benefits
* Basic Life and Accident Insurance
* Supplemental Life
* Dependent Life
* Voluntary Accident Insurance
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled