Multimedia Journalist/Video Editor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 2/8/2017
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is looking for a dynamic video storyteller with exceptional editing and production ability. Candidates will produce multiple videos daily and aggregate videos from other sources to meet video goals. They will need to work comfortably with content teams to help transition ideas of word people to the visual medium. Candidates will also need to work with veteran photojournalists to transform their raw copy into polished videos. Candidates must be able to develop own ideas and shoot and produce own video (usually onsite). Candidates must be adept in working with social media to maximize visual presentation and audience outreach. Candidates must be able to adapt to an ever-evolving news environment, remain cognizant of trends and identify better ways to reach and cultivate a video audience. Must be able to manage time effectively and produce accurate quality visual content quickly. Collaboration, communication and people skills are a must.
JOB DUTIES & TASKS:
* Aggregate videos from assorted sources.
* Create multiple videos daily
* Edit video (raw from photojournalists or own video shot in studio)
* Post visual (photo and video) content on social media
* Collaborates effectively with others.
* Has a working understanding of the technologies used to publish content digitally.
* Place videos. Help maintain visuals web page
* Works closely with videographer.
* Monitor video placement on websites.
* Monitor social media for video trends
* Track video performance to maximize traffic potential.
* Ensures that all content has the best image presentation.
* Work with audience specialists on website needs
* Work with web producers on best visual presentation
* Uses time effectively and efficiently.
* Handles assigned tasks with minimal supervision
* Stays up-to-date on news and emerging trends.
* Monitors competing publications, wires and Web sites.
* Keeps up with technology trends in producing and gathering visuals.
* Handles other assignments as needed, showing flexibility and adaptability.
Bachelor s degree preferred.
* Excellent time-management skills Able to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Highly creative, stickler for accuracy, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Proficient in Premier Pro
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
ORGANIZATION: Cox Media Group
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Entry Level
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing