Multimedia Production Specialist 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Multimedia Production Specialist candidates to support Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, located at Bethesda Maryland.
* Responsible for implementing the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center s Department of Simulation Audio-Visual (AV) equipment support and maintenance program. Responsible for creative program production on audio and video tape including creative video and audio editing techniques, camera operating, selecting appropriate background music and effects, maintaining videocassette stock and files for programs and future production footage. The products effect a wide range of activities including training, education, and general informational products.
* Operates fixed and portable video camera(s) in the recording of video footage for use in various educational programs. Assures lighting is correct and narrates scripts as required. Uses and places a variety of microphones, Omni-directional, cardioid, lavaliere, etc. to properly record sound on A/V productions, as required.
* Performs research on AV systems, analyzes problems and requirements, recommends upgrades, integrates equipment, and provides maintenance and repair with limited supervision. Evaluates and updates new audio visual technology to implement and enhance capability to provide state-of the-art products. Uses a computer to maintain data and to develop various materials. Creates databank of relevant educational videos and images, and other educational content for future use by the Department of Simulation. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Accountable for the receipt, issue, requisitioning, procuring and inventory of AV related items.
* Position is responsible for setup, operation, and maintenance of all video recorders, computer editing systems, in-house closed circuit television system, and other A/V equipment owned by the Department of Simulation.
* Works closely with employees and supervisors to develop scripts in support of the center s goals such as emergency operations, educational programs, public affairs, technical, environmental, documentary programs and public service announcements for radio and television. Provides narration of video and audio productions and slide productions upon request. Selects and places educational content and image slides in appropriate sequence to correspond with recorded narrative for slide and/or video programs as requested.
* Develops contract specifications, coordinate logistics, control expenses, and arrange procurement for specific programs and equipment.
* Provides advice on matters that influence the basic content and aesthetic character or to make decisions involving final product (i.e., professional versus amateur actor, in-house versus commercial editing, etc.).
* Associate Degree in Audio-Visual Informatics, Design & Planning
* Knowledge of a wide range of principles, practices, methods, and techniques for communicating information through audio visual means.
* Skills include all phases of audiovisual production, programming, and editing, from inception to completion.
* Clearance: NACI
* Must be US Citizen
* 5-7 years of working experience in the audio-visual field maintaining AV equipment and creating AV production products