Multimedia Web Editor - PBS Newshour Weekend
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPBS NewsHour Weekend is a twice-weekly news program (airing every Saturday and Sunday) produced by WNET in New York. Its website is a vibrant, daily site which, while integrating video from the weekly show, produces a wealth of original daily content on the weekends, including news and enterprise reporting, commentary, produced video, audio podcasts, galleries and interactives.
An immediate opportunity is available for a Web Editor with a news background to lead the digital team and integrate online and broadcast efforts.
• Assigning, writing and editing online news, features and blogs
• Creating and coordinating editorial, image, video and other digital assets
• Working with broadcast producers to coordinate video and other online features
• Generating ideas for stories, social media outreach and new ways to present content
• Soliciting outside contributors and freelance work
• Editing video and audio for the website
• Lead coordination with PBS NewsHour / weekday team in DC
Required skills and experience:
• 3+ years experience working on a media website, news or public affairs-related
• Excellent top editing, line editing and copyediting skills
• Excellent story and headline writing ability
• Strong news judgment and a facility with a broad range of topics, from hard news to humor
• Superior knowledge of the web, including social media
• Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to create online content in breaking news situations
• shoot and edit video using Adobe Premiere is preferred
• BS or BA, or equivalent experience, preferably in Journalism, Film, Television/Multimedia Production, or Liberal Arts
Please note: This is a full-time staff position. The work week is Wednesday through Sunday.
Apply online at www.wnet.org/careers. Additional documents and links can be attached to your online application by clicking on the “upload” tab once your profile has been created.
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
Qualified candidates only; no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.