Municipal Marketing Rep.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWaste Pro is one of this country's fastest growing privately owned solid waste collection, recycling, processing and disposal companies, operating in 8 southeastern states. Serving more than 2 million customers from over 75 operating locations and maintains more than 178 exclusive municipal contracts and franchises. Waste Pro offers competitive pay and bonus opportunities, an exciting career path , premier southeastern locations and excellent benefits
The Municipal Marketing Representative provides for the short and long term growth of WP revenues through superior business development, communication, relationship building, client retention and team selling efforts. Through established partnerships and a high degree of interaction with municipal industry influencers, governmental officials and key strategic partners, new contracts are acquired and/or existing contracts extended for the collection, processing, transportation and disposal of solid waste and recyclables. The Municipal Marketing Representative uses conceptual/strategic selling skills to understand economic and buying influences which best respond to decision maker expectations. Sales opportunities are targeted, qualified and responded to, negotiated and successfully closed. This position supports the prospecting efforts for all major potential clients within the municipal sector. Additionally, sales efforts are closely aligned with WP marketing resources to create differentiating proposals, bids and RFPs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develops maximum potential sales volume and profitability from municipal markets within defined regional territory.
2. Participates in short and long-term strategic Market and Sales Planning.
3. Accountability for increasing WP market share and ensuring sales plans for territory are aligned and accomplished in accordance with company mission and established goals.
4. Leverages through strategy assessments, planning, and cross functional interaction a high degree of internal and external client satisfaction.
5. Drives acquisition and retention of governmental (city and county) contracts by maintaining critical relationships with elected officials, appointed staff and others influencing municipal contract decisions.
6. Maintains close and active relationships with elected and key officials. Attend Commission/Council Meetings frequently.
7. Seeks every opportunity to increase market share, revenue and profitability by securing new contracts and additional services by gaining support of decision-makers and attending to all critical buying influences.
8. Accountable for assisting clients and functioning in a consultative \\"industry expert\\" capacity.
9. Accountable for developing bid and RFP submittal packages and insuring that proposals meet all specification requirements, required pro-forma and superior level of professional quality in appearance and content.Increase Indent
10. Interfaces with WP executives, managers, associates and customers in targeting opportunities and aggressively pursing viable leads.
11. Actively or indirectly in partnership with key stakeholders (e.g. RVP, Regional Financial Controller, Municipal Sales/Marketing leader, SVP Marketing) participates in closing significant contracts through aggressive negotiation, competitive pricing and proactive adherence to defined sales strategy.
12. In partnership with finance, periodically initiates the audit of municipal billing records, franchise fees and house counts to be sure prices are correct and being billed in accordance with established contracts.
13. Stays directly involved in complaints resolution as expressed by municipal staff and key officials.
14. Actively participates in community events and activities where applicable to promote WP's differentiable difference (e.g. Local League of Cities, Keep America Beautiful affiliates, community cleanup events, civic associations, local charitable organizations).
15. Keep management apprised of political activities and elections which may impact WP, Region, and/or Division.
16. Monitors council/commission agendas for solid waste issues for relevant cities and counties.
17. Prepare and submit on a timely basis all monthly/progress reports and Customer Relationship Management data as required by management.
18. Identifies/Coordinates with SVP Marketing opportunities for press coverage, need for collateral literature, advertising and sponsorship recommendations.
19. Researches and stays current regarding competitor services.
20. Acquires and monitors competitor's municipal contracts and their status.
21. Uses a standard format or sales automation tool for maintaining status of sales activities.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, driving, etc.) most of the work day;
* Properly licensed with ability to drive a motor vehicle extensively within a defined sales area/territory
* Normal setting for this job is: Office Setting/Outside Sales.
* Education: BA/BS degree in business, marketing, or equivalent field. Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirements.
* 3-5 years of sales/marketing/business development experience within the Waste Services Industry with heavy emphasis on the Municipal Sales Sector.
* 8+ years of sales experience, preferably selling to State and Local governments.
* Demonstrated use of strategic and consultative selling skills.
* Outstanding skills in negotiation, contract management, forecasting and strategic planning.
* Broad base of expertise across the sales process i.e. sales generation, customer interaction, presentation, client interaction, negotiation, account management, forecasting, pricing, and sales closure.
* Successful track record of developing win-win partnerships in competitive settings.
* Superior written and oral communication skills combined with above average organization, interpersonal, listening, presentation and problem solving skills.
* Professional demeanor and adaptability required to change as dictated by situation(s).
* Must demonstrate a basic understanding of applied use of sales automation technology used in support of the sales process.
* Proficiency in using array of software packages, including MS Outlook, Word, PPT and Excel.
* Experienced in developing strategies to increase sales volumes, manage costs and source potential opportunities through different channels.
* Knowledge of the Waste Industry, competitors, and relevant external forces that influence the client's buying decision.
* Well versed in problem solving, market research, financial/profitability analysis, pricing, and client relationship management.
* Organized and intellectually able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
* Must be prepared for extensive travel within a defined regional territory.
* High degree of autonomy, yet team oriented with ability to work cross functionally within dynamic environment.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.