Mutual Fund Tax - Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Mutual Fund Tax - Associate to join our Business Tax Services practice.
- Preparation of tax provision and distribution work papers for Regulated Investment Companies (RIC) including (but not limited to) the following:
prepare and review RIC fiscal and excise tax provision work papers, prepare financial statement disclosures, and prepare annual book-to-tax adjustment analysis by examining the taxability of investment income/expenses, securities transactions, and complex derivatives including futures, options, and swaps, prepare income and capital estimates of RIC distributions
- Prepare and review work papers and other documents to support client deliverables
- Preparation of disclosures included in semi-annual financial statements
- Review quarterly and annual IRC asset compliance testing
- Participate in technical training to develop skills
- Develop investment tax and other accounting skills
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience
- Mutual fund tax experience a plus
- Basic understanding of accounting and tax concepts, practices, and procedures is required
- Strong client service skills, team attitude and attention to detail
- Ability to understand financial statements and fund accounting reports and spreadsheets
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .