This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Open Systems Technologies
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe team is responsible for tasks such as project management, development of best practices and repeatable procedures for deploying databases. They also handle the day-to-day operational activities including break/fix, capacity management, backup and recovery, database replication setup/management and ongoing database change reviews. The chosen candidate will help to build and maintain large-scale, high transactional MySQL databases on a Linux platform.
* Manage high transactional MySQL databases servicing OLTP and DSS applications
* Develop the MySQL internal architecture, MySQL database design, implementation, performance tuning and capacity planning
* Work closely with internal customers
* Handle enterprise backup and recovery strategies
* Perform database software management, including patch and
* 5+ years of experience working with MySQL technology (a Certified MySQL DBA is preferred)
* Demonstrated experience with open source/Linux development and production environments
* Hands-on experience designing and implementing database replication strategies
* Excellent scripting skills and working knowledge of Python and shell scripts
* Experience in designing and automating repetitive processes