NA Environmental Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONNA Environmental Manager
Position ID: req5157
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Location: Charlotte Office, 10200 David Taylor Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262-2373 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/28/2016
The Environment Manager is a key position within Electrolux Major Appliances North America sites. This is a corporate position that will oversee the environmental programs within several manufacturing and warehouses sites, as well as offices. The position is responsible for engaging the senior leadership at site locations to actively drive and communicate environmental programs in the region. The position is responsible for improving the environmental performance of the sites and the full respect of the countries laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop, implement and administer company policies, procedures and programs related to environmental regulatory compliance
* Develop and follow strategies that ensure corporate sustainable development and reduce environmental risks across North America
* Measure company efforts in attaining compliance with applicable legislation, regulations and company policies and reports to corporate management.
* Ensure control and compliance of Environmental Licenses for all plants in North America
* Act as company representative to regulatory agencies and the public in addressing issues of environmental concerns
* Develop annual environment monitoring agenda based on previous monitoring assessment
* Support on ISO 14001 certification in the manufacturing plants
* Coordinate continuous improvement initiatives (ex.: Zero Landfill Project)
* BS degree and a minimum of 5 years professional EHS experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably appliance or related manufacturing operations
* PSM Program leadership
* Advanced Degree or professional certification preferred
* Proven environmental expertise
* Willingness and ability to travel across North America
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Strong knowledge of environmental regulations and standards
* Pro-active behavior
* Ability to drive results and change through strong business understanding and teamwork
* Thorough understanding of risk management, as it relates to environment, and loss control methodology
* Ability to develop and make presentations before various audience sizes at all levels of the organization
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.