NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The National Account Manager is responsible for representing Advanced Catheter and Guidewire Technologies, across the minimally invasive medical device industry and establishing strategic relationships with key, high level decision-makers at our large customer accounts. The purpose of this role is to plan, coordinate and inform the organization at all levels, of customer related activities to ensure we can deliver on our goal. The ultimate aim of the role and overarching metric will be revenue and profitable growth from the account. Intermediate targets will be relationship building and opportunity identification with an emphasis on technical selling. This position will be a site based Account Manager with responsibility for a multi-million dollar territory. The position offers an enormous opportunity to work with both emerging early stage companies and Fortune 500 industry leaders. This is a sales role and quota based opportunity which provides both an annual bonus and commission potential. The opportunity requires a driven, flexible, entrepreneurial minded leader seeking a National Account leadership opportunity.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
The purpose of the role is to plan and grow the account profitably while building our customers trust and confidence.
Reporting to the Regional V.P., Commercial, the incumbent is expected to be sales driven and responsible for the following (but not limited to):
* Deliver sales results in the territory
* Have a good understanding of focus therapies including Structural Heart, Electrophysiology and Interventional Cardiology and our component products e.g Balloons, Braid, Hypotubes etc.
* Driving sales from Finished Products, Components, Component Sub-Assemblies, Prototyping and Design services
* Use world class best in practice sales management and reporting tools
* Display total command of business for your accounts/territory
* Ability to engage and influence VP level and above in key accounts
Desired Skills and Requirements:
Direct sales, project management, relationship building, research, opportunity generation and coordination of internal resources are all aspects to the job. It is expected the amount of time and focus on each will vary from month to month depending on the circumstance and account priorities.
To be most effective in the role the following skills are what is considered to be the highest requirements.
* Motivation to work on your own initiative Identifying and winning new business in a competitive environment will take time and multiple approaches to overcome the inevitable road blocks
* General Knowledge of customer products and disease states As we look to move further away from specification to business or product solutions it becomes increasingly important to understand our customer s problems. At higher management levels this can most often be linked back directly to market opportunities, disease states and product performance.
* Good business acumen- The medical device environment is changing quickly (increased FDA involvement, reduced health care budgets and increased cost of business development).
* Manage existing business relationships with a keen focus on cost and profitability
* Willingness to travel nationally approximately 30-40% of time for Face to face meetings and group presentations.
* Exceptional presentation and communication skills
* Proven ability to coordinate and influence exceptional customer service delivery be developing and maintaining strong intercompany relationships.
* Education must consist of a BA or BS in the areas of Engineering or Business
* Demonstrated experience in multi-level, major US account based sales processes.
* Proven track record of driving sales and exceeding revenue targets.
* Experience in Medical device sales business to business
* A minimum of 5 years experience in a business development role supporting engineer design services, OEM manufacturing or other manufacturing component services in the medical device space preferred
* Selling minimally invasive medical technologies / products including coronary, endovascular catheter related products is a distinct advantage.
* Established network of customer contacts within large medical OEM s is beneficial