NCDOT - Project Manager - Expert
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
State of North Carolina
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur direct client has a position open for a NCDOT - Project Manager- Expert.
NCDOT PMO is seeking an experienced Project Manager for the Enterprise Document and Imaging Management Project (EDIM). Candidate must have experience in full software development life cycle including implementation of COTS.
NCDOT PMO is seeking an experienced Project Manager for the Enterprise Document and Imaging Management Project (EDIM). Candidate must have experience in full software development life cycle including implementation of COTS, preferred government experience. This is a 12month engagement. The project manager will work closely with NCDOT PMO Program Manager in managing the full SDLC per state standards to include hours and cost tracking. The individual will be knowledgeable in all aspects of project management and have an understanding of system development life cycles, and projects that cross technology platforms. Description, including but not limited to:
1. Responsibility for the successful completion of end to end project work including all work products.
2. Oversight of projects comprised of multiple deliverables including delegation and coordination of tasks internally and vendor.
3. Responsibility for creation and management of integrated project plan, execution of plan, meetings, scope control, risk and issue tracking may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Responsibility for the successful completion of end to end project work, including all work products
2. Oversight of projects comprised of multiple deliverables, including delegation and coordination of tasks
3. Responsibility for creation and management of the integrated project plan, execution of the project plan, project status, meetings, scope changes, risk and issue tracking/mitigation, coordination across project teams, etc.
4. Negotiations internal and external to the project teams
5. Managing scope, resources, timelines, costs/budget, quality, communication, and procurements to meet the goals of the State
6. Development and execution of training and education on standard project management requirements and methods, facilitating project governance and reporting, and creating models to improve business decisions
7. Efforts typically include extensive changes to existing functionality or the implementation of new applications and/or technology
REQUIRED SKILLS (5 YEARS):
Proficient in Microsoft Project using MS Project Server to manage multi-million dollar projects with multiple year durations. (8Years)
Strong communications skills, oral and written, with project team, management and executive management. (8Years)
Proven planning and management skills including scope estimating, budgeting, testing, quality assurance and resource allocation.
Experience with project risk management, including failure mode effect analysis
Experience with implementing solutions utilizing third party vendors and third party products.
IT Project Management experience
Strong analytical and conceptual skills
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS:
Preferred government IT project management experience
Experience with document/imagsing capture, storage, retrieval solution
_HOW TO APPLY_
_THIS IS A TIME SENSITIVE POSITION. _
_CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED: _
When applying please list number of years experienced for the REQUIRED SKILLS in your cover letter.
A brief summary of why you should be considered for the position.
3 references with their company name, company position, telephone number and email address in .pdf form
Please indicate weather you want to be W-2 or 1099worker.
Please indicate when you can start