NDT Level II Certified Inspector
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Non Destructive Test (NDT) Level II Certified Inspector will be required to process and inspect parts which are subject to Non-destructive testing in accordance with written procedures. Meggitt Aircraft Braking System Non-destructive testing includes but is not limited to the following methods: Visual, Fluorescent Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, Eddy Current and Ultrasonic Inspection.
Job Core Responsibilities
This position includes requirements for initial classroom training, OJT experience and certification. Candidates for NDT inspector classification shall be capable of learning and applying the basic science and mathematical calculations required for each method of NDT inspection. NDT inspectors must be able to read and follow technical instructions and drawings. NDT Inspectors shall be capable of using hand tools, small grinders, measuring equipment and safe handling of chemicals including corrosive reagents and flammable materials as specified in their work instructions. NDT Inspectors are required to work in a team environment and participate in continuous improvement projects as needed. NDT inspector will be required to cross train in other areas of the plant as business needs change. NDT inspector will be required to train level I NDT to help with OJT and method hours' accumulation. NDT inspector is required to maintain needed supplies for the NON-destructive testing area. Other job duties may arise as business needs change.
In addition to the training requirements, candidates shall pass the following visual acuity tests:
Visual Acuity-Near vision tests shall be administered annually and color perception tests shall be administered at least every five years. These tests shall be administered by a member of MAB's medical staff or by a qualified medical personnel.
Near Vision-20/25 (Snellen) at 16" (42cm) +/-1"(2.54 cm) or Jaeger No.1 at not less than 12"(30.48cm) The candidate must meet requirements with at least one eye, either natural or corrected.
Color Perception-Personnel shall be capable of adequately distinguishing and differentiating between the colors used in the method for which certification is sought. Limitations in color perception shall be evaluated and approved in writing by the responsible Level 3 prior to certification. * Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications : Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 5 - 7 years or more of relevant experience with documented hours performing each test method
* Must have the skills and knowledge to Set-Up, standardize equipment, conduct system performance checks, process parts, interpret, evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document results.
* Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/method in which they are certified, and be capable of providing the necessary guidance or supervision to trainees and Level 1 personnel.
* Be familiar with the codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by MABS.
* Be capable of developing written instructions (e.g. Magnetic Particle Inspection Data Sheet) sheets from approved general procedures. Such instructions shall require final approval by appropriate Level 3.
* Have a basic knowledge of product manufacturing and inspection technology.
* Proficient computer skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.