NETWORK ENGINEERING MANAGER
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Silicon Graphics International Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
SGI is a global leader in high performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management that enable customers to accelerate time to discovery, innovation, and profitability.
Lead the network engineering team within SGI. This team is responsible for evaluating, recommending, validating, configuring and supporting networking products and technologies across the entire span of SGI products. Network technologies range from 1Gig Ethernet over UTP to leading edge 100Gbps fabrics (Mellanox EDR Infiniband, Intel Omnipath), SGI s proprietary NumaLink fabric, and beyond. The team lead is responsible for working with product management, engineering, manufacturing and support within SGI as well as vendors and customers to ensure that SGI continues to deliver networking products that exceed our customer expectations for performance, reliability and value.
* Excellent understanding of networking technology, protocols and applications.
* Infiniband, Omnipath or equivalent high speed HPC interconnect knowledge highly desirable.
* Linux familiarity and experience, preferably in a cluster environment.
* Experience leading successful technical teams.
* Good written communication skills.
* Proven ability to excel in a cross-functional environment including: customers, vendors and supply chain, engineering, support.
SGI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment through our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.