NICU Respiratory Therapist-RRT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONConducts patient assessments and interprets clinical data necessary for the delivery of quality patient care. Implements and evaluates the plan of care related to respiratory procedures including but not limited to aerosol, secretion mobilization, and hyperinflation therapies. Provides care for patients requiring ventilator assistance, complex respiratory devices and procedures. Performs comprehensive ventilator management and monitors the cardiopulmonary status of patients receiving intensive respiratory care. Maintains emergency airway equipment for patients with artificial airways. Performs diagnostic studies on patients as designated by department policy and/or by physician order. Consults with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals and participates in daily patient rounds for assigned area to promote consistent quality and delivery of patient care. Completes all documentation for patient charting in compliance with standards for accuracy and content as established by the department and NMH. Additional Functions: Demonstrates clinical competence. Implements appropriate actions to respond to needs of patients and their significant others. Monitors and documents the patients response to therapeutic interventions and progress toward outcomes. Serves as a resource and role model for new staff, students, and other NMH personnel and assists with precepting and orienting. Works collaboratively with all hospital services to responsibly accomplish daily work and maintain an environment of excellence. Assists with the development of clinical research protocols and participates in their implementation. AA/EOE
* Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)- National Board of Respiratory Care. Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation (within three months of hire).
* Basic Life Support (BLS)- American Heart Association.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)- American Heart Association (for adult care therapists).
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) American Academy of Pediatrics (for neonatal therapists).
* Associate Degree in Applied Science (AAS)- Respiratory Therapy.
* Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT)- National Board of Respiratory Care.
* Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT)- National Board of Respiratory Care.
* Neonatal/ Pediatric Specialist (NPS)- National Board of Respiratory Care. Bachelors Degree (BA/BS).