NOC Engineer II 8/31/2016
North Palm Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for monitoring either SONET or IP-MPLS network and environmental alarms from a centralized Network Operations Center (NOC) ensuring high availability and attainment of service levels.
Detects and analyzes alarms to provide basic to moderate fault isolation and remote troubleshooting, escalating if necessary.
Utilizes telephone and trouble ticket database to notify Technicians of alarms and equipment outages.
Executes maintenance methods and procedures.
Acts as a focal point until restoration for outages.
Assists in process improvement and automation.
Coach and train Tier 1 NOC engineers.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of transport and transmission systems relevant to SONET, OCx, and asynchronous signals, or Ethernet and IP Services.
Self motivated and able to work on projects with limited supervision.
Track record of completing projects with tight timelines.
2.5+ years in Telcommunications Industry in a NOC or similiar role that requires a 24x7 operation is required and a 4-yr degree in technical/computer discipline is preferred.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
* IP NOC Engineer II - Responsible for Tier II support of FPL FiberNet Ethernetnetwork Key responsibilities include:
* Project support of Ethernet services, commissioning support, provisioning support & testing support.
* Customer/Core Network support (IP/Ethernet).
* Troubleshoot, isolate and fix IP/Ethernet troubles.
* Communicate with customers during and after course of troubleshooting.
* Support Layer 2 services (e-line, e-LAN), Internet services (DIA) (to include BGP support), and Core network.
* OAMP support (network/system applications).
* Troubleshoot, isolate and fix OAMP troubles/issues.
* Examples of such issues would be Network Element (NE) visibility issues (SONET/Ethernet - IP), assist in visibility portion of the NE insertion to the network, and provide support to NOC monitoring applications.
* Identify network faults in a proactive approach and modify incident tickets.
* Must be proficient with a majority of equipment consisting of Alcatel MPLS platform (7750, T5C), Juniper (M10, M7i, M120, Firewall), Nortel or Juniper switch, Cisco (2600, 2800), Accedian (EtherNID, MetroNID), Sun Microsystems (Solaris, servers), HP (HPUX, servers).
* Must be proficient with the following technologies - Ethernet, MPLS, BGP, OSPF and STP.
* Must be able to demonstrate industry expertise and show creativity in troubleshooting and resolving Ethernet issues where no precedence is set.
* Ability to reach across role boundaries in an effort to minimize negative impact on network.