NOC Technician (mid)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for a Network Specialist to support an important government customer in Arlington, VA and trips to Alexandria, VA. Position available January 2017.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust Agency Clearance
Job Description :
This role provides oversight and leadership to a team of Data Center Operators to ensure 24/7 situational awareness of the customer's IT Infrastructure and critical systems availability. Responsible for ensuring the Data Center Operator team is responsive to automated alerts utilizing various monitoring tools and diagnostic processes and procedures.
Perform a wide variety of system health checks and escalates issues and problems according to documented procedures.
* Monitor production applications, servers, and network using a combination of monitoring tools to ensure availability
* Respond to automated alerts from monitoring tools according to documented procedures
* Use diagnostic tools to determine the critical and next steps to resolve system problems
* Make recommendations for improvements to previously established system monitoring thresholds
* Escalate issues and problems according to documented standard operating procedures
* Make accurate entries in shift logs of all events, issues, responses, and resolutions
* Perform periodic health checks of systems and applications
* Facilitate coordinating critical after hours support from engineering staff
* Use judgment and knowledge of networking, systems, and applications to identify problems as they occur and decide on best course of action to resolve
* Work with engineering staff to coordinate resolutions to system alerts
* Write detailed, accurate reports on production incidents and problems
* Participate in system backup administrations and backup monitoring activities
* Monitor Liebert's SiteScan system for any environmental alerts (e.g. AC, humidity, water)
* Must be able to rack servers and pull network cables under raised floor as required.
* Must be able to work after hours, weekends, and/or rotational work as needed. Shift work, holidays and weekends are required.
* Responsible to maintain order and cleanliness in Data Center
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
* Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft SharePoint
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* 2-4 years managing Data Center operator shift schedules
* 2-4 years managing small IT teams
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
* Ability to rack servers and pull network cables under raised floor as required
* Experience provisioning servers (mounting, network and power wiring, installing operating systems and application software) is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting tools
* Knowledge of UNIX operating system and associated tools
* Knowledge of Windows OS and networking
* Microsoft Server experience/exposure
* Symantec NetBackup experience/exposure
* BMC Patrol/BPPM monitoring and alert escalation experience
* BMC Control-M Workload Automation
* IBM Rational (Clear Quest) experience/exposure
* Siebel ticketing software experience
Shift 1: 7am - 3:30pm
Shift 2: 3:00 - 11:30pm
Shift 3: 11pm - 7:30am
Phacil is a leading provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the federal government. We continually demonstrate Commitment to our customers, Excellence in performance, and Service to the nation. Customers trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges by delivering uniquely-tailored technology solutions that maximize value and mission success.
Phacil offers a diverse range of technology services, including Software Services, Systems Engineering/Integration and Operations (SEI&O), Cyber Security and Service Desk. Our team of nearly 900 energetic, highly-skilled professionals support customers across the country and abroad.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards, including rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, to name a few.