NP Palliative Care, Per Diem, Palative Care Cert Required NSPG/NSMC 8/23/2016
North Shore Physicians Group(NSPG)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Responsible for providing family medicine services, including assessing and managing patients in the outpatient setting following established standards and practices.
* Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings.
* Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
* Interprets and integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
* Performs minor surgical procedures as is appropriate per skill level.
* Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
* Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits including same day visits.
* Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
* Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources as needed to meet patient and family needs.
* Actively supports patient safety program, adheres to applicable patient safety standards including NQF Safe Practices.
* Prepares written documentation as required in the patients medical record following standard clinical practice, including CPT Coding guidelines and the assigned practices policy.
* Maintains and reviews patient electronic medical record and other pertinent information.
* Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation as necessary.
* Follows North Shore Physicians Group policies and procedures faithfully, attend meetings and continuing educations opportunities as directed.
* Seeks to expand skills and professional knowledge.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
* Treats all patients courteously and with dignity and respect at all times.
* Maintains patient confidentiality
* Demonstrated competency in providing comprehensive health care including evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
* Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements
* Use of Electronic Medical Record
* Knowledge of minor surgical procedures and equipment
* CPR Certification for Healthcare Professionals
* Minimum of 1 year experience as a nurse practitioner in a family medicine, primary care or pediatric setting.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Master's degree
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION
* Current Massachusetts state license as a registered nurse practitioner