NURSE MANAGER ASSISTANT- Intermediate Care Unit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
The Nurse Manager Assistant is responsible to collaborate and support the nurse manager with administrative, clinical, human resources management and professional development of the team members in the patient care area. S/he is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, controlling, evaluating and adjusting all aspects patient care that will ensure and increase quality and service in measurable terms for all components of the service. The Nurse Manager Assistant is expected to demonstrate age appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care delivered to patients and the 24-hour accountability and responsibility for the department as well as direct patient care when needed.
A day in the life of a Nurse Manager Assistant at Meridian includes:
* Delivery of nursing practices according to the evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient centered care.
* Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient s status, rendered care, education and treatment plans. Responsible for optimal patient/guest satisfaction and care experience according to Meridian Health standards.
* Medication administration utilizing the latest clinical documentation technology designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
* Patient and family centered care aimed at optimizing health, wellness, disease management and end of life care.
* Interdisciplinary collaboration in management of our patient s plan of care and goals from admission to discharge to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
* The Nurse Manager Assistant facilitates the operations of the unit, oversees scheduling, payroll, budget needs. Flexible to accommodate the needs of the unit including but not limited to taking a patient assignment.
* S/He is responsible for all tasks delegated by the Nurse Manager. Including but not limited to patient assignment, disciplinary, education, mentoring, scheduling and budgeting.
* The Nurse Manager Assistant is a clinical leader who is the resource on the unit and will take a patient assignment when needed to ensure adequate coverage for staffing.
* He/ she is in a supportive role for the entire team. He/ She partners with the Nurse Manager to get to the strategic goals of the unit and Meridian Health.
* Current and valid New Jersey Nursing license is required
* BSN required
* National Certification strongly preferred
* Leadership experience preferred
* ACLS/BLS/CPR certification required
* Telemetry Certified preferred
* One to two years of telemetry experience preferred
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
* able to work flexible hours and weekends
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.