NURSE MANAGER - MEHANDRU 7
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the delivery of clinical services. Manages clinical and support staff. Responsible and accountable for daily operations to achieve best practice and organizational objectives. The Nurse Manager is responsible for implementation of the strategic plan and standards of care and practice in accordance with regulatory requirements within the inpatient medical- surgical telemetry unit. S/He develops, coordinates, integrates and oversees inter-disciplinary programs, monitors performance standards and existing practices and designs new systems to improve organizational performance and staff competence.
S/He is responsible for demonstrating leadership, providing staff development, ensuring competence and collaborating with Medical Staff and Senior Management to deliver high quality, cost-effective care across the continuum. He/she is responsible for the daily operations of the medical- surgical inpatient telemetry unit. S/He will have strong knowledge of performance improvement, manage and coordinate the activities of the Nursing Team to ensure patient care is provided in accordance with established standards and regulatory requirements.
S/He will be accountable for the continuity of care for patients and their families. The leader will have 24/7 accountability for a 38 bed observation medical/surgical telemetry acute care unit. A day in the life of an Inpatient Nurse Manager at Meridian includes the following responsibilities:
* Administration and evaluation of quality nursing care
* Leadership of clinical and non-clinical staff
* Daily operations to achieve best practices and organizational objectives
* Scheduling/Staffing/Finance/Budgeting/Payroll and other operational activities of the unit
* Performance Assessments of Team Members
* Talent Selection and other Human Resource tasks
* Performance Improvement Initiative Projects
* Education: Bachelor s Degree in Nursing required; Master's Degree preferred
* Licensure: Current NJ RN License & BLS certification is required
* Nationally Certified in Specialty required
* Experience: Demonstrated clinical competence with a minimum of 5 years Medical/Surgical and Telemetry Nursing experience in a hospital environment. Minimum of 3 years nursing unit managerial experience highly preferred. Demonstrated ability to manage staff, budgets and productivity
* Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Leadership and motivational skills. Critical thinking, program development and project management skills. Skilled in group facilitation and/or team building is a must.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.