NURSE PRACTITIONER CTS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
Licensed in the State of Practice or Eligible
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Find yourself among the best. At the University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Nurse Practitioner in our CTS
PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY STATEMENT FOR NURSES
At The University of Kansas Hospital, we strive to create a dynamic culture of professional behavior that requires personal and team accountability, self-reflection, integrity and respect. A nurse at The University of Kansas Hospital has a professional obligation to provide the highest quality of care that is reflective of the culture and to adhere to organizational policies and best practices.
This culture is actualized through image, attitudes and behavior.
* Will work closely with Thoracic services including outpatient and inpatient settings
* Performs comprehensive assessment of selected patients/families with complex care needs
* Addresses issues at the point of care
* Coordinates the technical competency of staff nurses and medical residents and maintains specialty validations/certifications
* Facilities desired patient and organizational outcomes through consultation and collaboration
* Master's degree in Nursing.
* Kansas ARNP license.
* Three to five years of clinical experience in the specialty area.
* ANCC certification from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
* Needs to obtain privileges through medical staff office within first six months of employment.
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
* Certificate, License or Registration ~ Certification as appropriate to the area of advanced or specialized practice by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or an equivalent body (e.g., American Association of Critical Care Nurses, Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation) or actively seeking certification. Certification must be successfully completed within one year of hire.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.