NURSE PRACTITIONER/PALLIATIVE CARE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
* Prepare and maintain accurate patient records, charts and documents to support the medical practice and reimbursement for services provided.
* Establish relationships with existing hospital-based palliative care teams, partner companies, medical directors, hospital physicians, community physicians, nurses and other team members as well as community members to build a culture of collaboration and clinically integrated care across the continuum.
* Proactively identify opportunities to improve the patient and family experience of care and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of resource use throughout Meridian Health.
* Develop outreach programs for community agencies and health care settings (such as nursing homes), as appropriate. Educate and assist Meridian Health team members on End of Life/Palliative Care through quarterly interdisciplinary lectures/seminars to Meridian Health team members. Participate in community outreach presentations to interested groups or community advisory committees at each hospital site
* Participate in weekly Palliative Care team meetings to review active cases
* Participate in monthly and periodic team meetings for the operational and administrative
* functions of the Care Journey Program
* Be available on an as needed basis to support other team members with clinical advice and assist with physician communication needs
* Be available on an as needed basis to support educational and outreach goals of the Care Journey Program
* Act as spokesperson for the Care Journey Program
* Be available to provide guidance or assistance to palliative care teams of the Care Journey Program at each Meridian hospital as needed
Position Reports to: Medical Director, Corporate Palliative Care Program
Education/Experience: NP, Masters Degree in Nursing; Minimum 3 years experience in Palliative Care and/or Hospice preferred; geriatrics or oncology acceptable. Prior experience in an outpatient practice. Licensed to practice in New Jersey.
Location: Home office: 1355 Campus Parkway, Wall N.J.
Will require some travel within Ocean and Monmouth Counties
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.