NURSING ASSOCIATE PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelors of Nursing pro
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a PRN Nursing Associate to assist cancer patients before and after treatment.
* Works under the direction of a RN/Charge Nurse and performs within the scope of the KSBN Nurse Practice Act as unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP).
* Performs basic unlicensed skills (ADLs and vital signs) and Associate I skills and techniques.
* Seeks direction and supervision from an RN on any task not trained or not meeting competency.
* Communicates changes in patient's condition promptly and appropriately to the RN.
* Accurately completes order entry in electronic medical record as requested by manager/unit needs.
* Answers patient call lights proactively on the unit.
* Receives/relays all forms of communication accurately, promptly, courteously, and to the appropriate person/department.
* Currently enrolled in an accredited School of Nursing to obtain a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
* Has completed basic nursing skills class/lab with documentation of knowledge/competence of required basic skills required
* Techniques Checklist
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.