NURSING PROGRAM DIRECTOR / 40 HOURS / DAYS - BWH CARE COORDINATION
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 6/9/2017
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL OVERVIEW
The Nursing Program Director for Care Coordination works across ambulatory and inpatient care coordination to develop programs and practice consistent with population health approaches to patient/family care. The position is responsible for developing, directing, implementing and evaluating programs that support population health across the care continuum. Is responsible for developing and facilitating innovative care coordination strategies. Through sound leadership principles and practice the position develops and implements cross-continuum care coordination approaches such as new standards of practice and competencies, care coordination redesign, orientation and continuing education programs, and regulatory readiness. Responsibilities include program planning, budgeting and monitoring of programs, implementation and evaluation of programs, and programming to support continuum-based care and non-acute network development. In addition, the Program Director provides clinical placement of RN nursing students in Care Coordination, and oversees the departmental quality monitoring program
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Utilizing national standards for case management develops BWH ambulatory and inpatient nursing care coordination standards of practice and competencies.
* Utilizing adult learning theory, determines optimal curriculum for the orientation and continued professional education and development of RN care coordinators and support staff that complement and enhance the goals of the department and BWH.
* In collaboration with other nursing leaders oversees, influences, motivates, coaches and mentors RN care coordinators.
* Applies theoretical and experiential knowledge of care coordination to determine program strategies.
* Oversees and coordinates programs.
* Provides expertise, direction and is responsible for the development of goals and objectives of programs.
* Demonstrates knowledge of nursing leadership, case management sciences, population health, and their application to specific programs.
* Participates in and presents at seminars and educational program.
* Keeps current on issues, practice and new trends related to case management, population health, and the education of professional and non-professional care coordination personnel.
ORIENTATION AND IN-SERVICE EDUCATION
* Provides expertise and direction for nursing care coordination competency assessment and orientation programs, training and in-service, and new system or process introduction and evaluation.
* Establishes a system for in-servicing and validation of competent performance.
* Participates in development of programs/systems to meet the requirements of the Joint Commission, Department of Public Health, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and other state and federal regulatory agencies.
* Develops partnerships with Decision Support Services and Quality Management to promote and maintain care coordination outcomes reporting and monitoring.
* Collaborates with system, hospital, BWPO, Partners Continuing Care, and community leaders to promote, develop, and implement population health initiatives.
* Collaborates with other departmental and hospital staff to interpret regulatory requirements and insure standards are met.
* Serves as committee member within the Care Coordination Department and in other departments both internal and external to the organization.
* Enhances collaborative relationship with affiliating schools of nursing through coordination of student placement for case management.
FISCAL AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
* Contributes to the preparation and monitoring of the budget for Care Coordination.
* Determines resource requirements for designated programs. Make resource proposals as indicated.
* Participates in interviewing, hiring, supervising and evaluating nursing care coordinators.
* Provides coverage for daily management of RN Care Coordinators during Nurse Directors absences.
* Defines methodology to evaluate the outcomes of orientation and educational programs.
* Participates in the efforts of Care Coordination to meet the regulatory requirements.
* Initiates, promotes and participates in research.
* Establishes a system for policy, procedure, guideline review and maintenance for Care Coordination.
PATIENT AND FAMILY ASSESSMENT AND PLANS OF CARE
* Assesses BWH patient assessment, care planning and continuum-based programs and activities to insure achievement of measurable outcomes and goals.
* Formulates patient assessment program and care planning strategies and implementation.
* Determines and prioritizes specific service line continuum-based care coordination work processes.
* Provides education to staff to meet service specific and departmental goals and competencies.
* Participates in special projects as directed by the Associate Chief Nurse of Care Coordination and Ambulatory Nursing.
Current RN Licensure in Massachusetts
Education and Management experience
Active membership in related professional organizations
5-7 years nursing case management experience
Case Management Certification (CCM), American Case Management Association (ACM), or other relevant certification preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to effectively collaborate with the BWH, BWPO and PHS professional communities
* Ability to integrate management principles, and nursing and case management theories into program work
* Expertise in program development, implementation, and evaluation
* Expertise in interpersonal and communication skills
* Case management expertise
* Works in office and patient care environments that require teamwork and cooperation.
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners, follows safe practices required for the position, complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures, fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate, brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham and Womens Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I WILL COMMUNICATE MY COMMITMENT TO HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCE
A. I WILL APPEAR AND ACT AS A PROFESSIONAL
R. I WILL RESPECT ALL INDIVIDUALS
E. I WILL EXTEND MYSELF