NURSING SUPERVISOR 9/2/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or higher
Licensed in the State of Practice or Eligible
RN Required or Eligible
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Nursing Supervisor in our Heart Rhythm Management Device Department.
* Demonstrates competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills.
* Demonstrates ability to provide care/service safely and efficiently for the appropriate age specific care of each patient.
* ENSURES THE EFFICIENT AND COMPETENT PERFORMANCE OF CLINICAL STAFF.
* MAINTAINS ADEQUATE CLINIC STAFFING AND PROVIDES STAFFING SCHEDULE IN TIMELY MANNER .
* CONSULTS WITH NURSE MANAGER AND/OR NURSING DIRECTOR WITH REGARD TO PROBLEMS IN THE CLINIC AREA.
* OVERSEES QUALITY IMPROVEMENT IN THE CLINIC AREA.
* MANAGES THE DAY TO DAY WORK FLOW OF THE DEVICE TEAM.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Higher required
* Management/Leadership experience preferred
* Three years' clinical experience
* Ambulatory care experience preferred
* Knowledge of nursing standards of care
* Working knowledge of JCAHO, OSHA guidelines
* Good communication skills
* Ability to be flexible when needed; work well under pressure
* Ability to communicate with interdisciplinary team and physicians
* Detail oriented and good organizational skills
* Registered nurse in the State of Kansas and Missouri
* Previous experience in the management of patients with cardiac devices
* Current BLS and ALCS certification.
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.