NUS MONITOR TECH - MEHANDRU 7
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
* Measuring and interpreting patient s heart rhythm and documents on patient record per departmental standards. Uses clear and complete communication with unit personnel when delivering information about changes in patient rhythm
* Initiating and discontinuing monitoring equipment on admission, transfer, or discharge. Performs configuration as necessary.
* Performing clerical duties related to admission, discharge, and documentation of patient information from Central Telemetry. Answering telephone and communicating clearly when receiving information from units or providers.
* Serving as a resource for training and troubleshooting to both Central Telemetry and clinical areas.Troubleshooting monitors with nursing staff and contacts Clinical Engineering as appropriate.
* Maintaining and stocking all designated equipment, including telemetry, and transport monitors.
* Developing a rapport and cooperative relationship with nursing and other members of the multidisciplinary care team.
* Adhering to confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors
* Minimum Education: High School Diploma Or General Equivalent Diploma
* Desired Education: Completion of Monitor Tech Course at MH
* Minimum Work Experience: Nursing Unit Secretary work experiences in department-Hospital Setting
* Desired Work Experience: Current and Active NUS Monitor Tech work experiences
* Must work required shift
* Required Certification: Must possess an active Basic Life Support[BLS]/Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation[CPR] for HealthCare Providers
* Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology of the heart .Computer, order entry, basic Microsoft office, and excellent communication skills required. Must enjoy working with patients and families. Must be flexible and able to rapidly adjust to changes in census. Ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times to emergent and non-emergent requests.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.