Napa - Paramedic (PT) 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Other duties as defined by the formal job description
No application will be considered complete without the following attachments:
* DMV (H-6) print out issued by DMV online copies will not be accepted (must be within 3 weeks of application date)
* California Drivers License
* Paramedic Certifications
* CPR Card ( Check local EMS website for approved providers)
* Ambulance Drivers License
* Medical Examiners Certificate
* ACLS CARD
* PHTLS Provider Certification
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Must be at least 18 years of age. Possess a valid California Driver's License, Ambulance Driver's License, and Medical Examiners Certificate. Current state of California Paramedic Certification. Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, BTLS OR PHTLS Provider Certification. Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. Some advanced education preferred. Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.
AMR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.